Re: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:18:01 -0800 (PST)

Maybe I missed something earlier in this part of the thread, but using Oracle Clusterware to build a single-instance failover cluster absolutely will work. I'm not sure that TAF is going to be of any help, but you could use TAF if you wish. The RETRIES and DELAY parameters may help to reconnect, but your application will still need to handle the state of the session once it is reestablished (may need to rollback).

Most connection pools have retry logic built in to them, so TAF isn't probably helpful/necessary in scenarios like this.

Dan

  • Original Message ---- From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> To: hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk Cc: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:42:01 AM Subject: Re: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

No, taf wont work that way. Your 3rd party provider would have to deal with it.

On Jan 30, 2008 6:55 AM, hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi

Hmm how about using Oracle clusterware and build a active passive instance would that work ?

regards
Hrishy

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 08:18:01 CST