Re: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:45:13 -0800 (PST)

TAF is not a RAC feature (it is a SQL*Net feature) and does not require RAC. TAF can be used with any two databases. Obviously, the schemas need to match very closely in order for it to be logically useful, but it can be used with non-RAC technologies like replication, for example. At one point, I remember seeing some documentation (from Oracle) discussing how to use TAF with replication, but I couldn't find it just now with a quick look.

Obviously, with any HA configuration, the proof is in the extensive testing you'll want/need to do in order to ensure that it really does what you want it to and provides the level of availability you require.

Dan

  • Original Message ---- From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:19:37 AM Subject: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

Hi

Can
TAF
be