Re: SAN Recommendations - Fact Finding - Help

From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pacificdbms.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:57:47 +1000

Hi Chris

I think you need to make a list of requirements.

Some ideas, what is the database used for - OLTP or DW; what size is the database/s 20GB or 2TB; What response times are you requiring, will (rip my tongue out for mentioning it) RAID 5 suffice or do you need RAID 10. What mirroring technology, and does Oracle certify it, will you use if you are having a backup/mirrored SAN. What budget $10,000, $100,000

These are but a few questions you will need to answer as they will lead you in other areas.

HTH Cheers

Peter