RE: How to extract a file from e-mail and post it in a unix/windows folder

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:58:12 -0500

.... I am pretty sure you are not looking for an extra! Cost item like oracles content management. (and oracle just bought BEA).... But oracle has a way to do this. I will not even attempt to guess the cost.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Eriovaldo Andrietta Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:53 PM To: pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: How to extract a file from e-mail and post it in a unix/windows folder

Hi Peter

Hummm ...

I am talking about the Unix environment.

And more, I am looking for a standard tool installed in the Unix, like mailx, sendmail ... and others.

I am not sure if the company will authorize to install software freewhare....

If you know something standar, please, tell me.

I had heard that sendmail does it, it can open a mail box and extract a file from there, but I did not find anything related to that.

Best Regards and Thanks

Eriovaldo

On 1/26/08, Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
You might like to check out the uudeview utility, that can be used to take an attachment from an email.

Regards

Pete

On Jan 26, 2008 1:34 PM, Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know how to extract a file from e-mail and post it in a unix/windows folder via unix script shell or PL/sql ?

Regards

Eriovaldo

--
Regards