"log file sync" waits can occur for read only commits

From: Sriram Ramachandran <sriram_kr_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:15:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

   We are running Oracle Apps 11.5.10.2/DB 10.2.0.3 on RH Linux 4.0. We are noticing log file sync along with db file sequential read frequently in the Top 5 timed events in the AWR report.Oracle support pointed me to the BUG 5087592 - "log file sync" waits can occur for read only commits as a possible cause. Can someone tell me what "read only commits" means?

We are also trying to reduce the number of commits in the application.

Thanks in advance,
Sriram

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping