RE: SQLLDR using Direct=True with Multiple Physical Records

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_ora-600.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:44:52 -0800

Mason, Tara wrote:

> I need to move data from a production table to the test table.
> I would like to use sqlldr with DIRECT=TRUE

Are you moving all rows or a subset of rows? If you are moving all rows then you should consider exp/imp instead of sqlplus/sqlldr.

> The problem I have is there are multiple physical records on
> the file for one row on the table.  To retrieve the data from
> the production side I execute the following SQL statement:
> SELECT COL1 || ‘,’|| COL2 || ‘,’ ||, etc.  There are many
> varchar columns on this table; therefore, the number of physical
> lines can vary.

Are there multiple lines per row because there are CR/LFs embedded in the column values, or because the linesize in sqlplus was not long enough when you dumped the data?

Regards,

Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting
http://www.ora-600.net