Re: Gathering of Statistics

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:37:54 +0000

I sort of disagree with Jack and Mark. I'd say that if the application had specific design requirements (i.e.the designers understood Oracle and performance optimisation) then it would be reasonable to expect the vendor to supply detailed scripts and/or a supported method of gathering optimizer stats. In any case I would expect the vendor to be aware of the need to supply a modern RDBMS with appropriate stats and to have a view on what was appropriate for their application - even if only "you should/should not collect optimizer stats ".

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA