Re: Use of flash recovery area for control files, online redo logs etc

From: Riku Räsänen <riku.rasanen_at_kantamestarit.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:25:29 +0200 (EET)

Since Flash Recovery Area (FRA) is supposed to be on separate devices from the database files, I consider it a a good idea to place one multiplexed copy of controlfiles and redo log files on FRA. If you multiplex archs, then the same idea applies.

This way you will have better redundancy and protection against device failure. But if the FRA and DB are on same devices, then in my opinion the benefit is much smaller (but you should get some protection against operator error).

ASM is separate idea from FRA: You can use FRA with or without ASM.

<lainaus kuka="Peter Hitchman">

--
Riku Räsänen
Kantamestarit OY