RE: memory problem - oracle 10203 on HPUX

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:21:28 -0700

Ujang,

You are addressing two separate perhaps related issues - swap usage and machine reboot. I would tackle the latter since that tends to have messages in the syslog or the crs/css logs.

Once you know why that is the case you may have to set up monitors to track the swap usage and see process activity.

I am not experienced in HP system commands. You should work with your SA but a simple start might be a ps -ef and correlated swap usage (swap -s). These may be different for HPUX.

Regards,
-Krish
Krish Hariharan
President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb