Re: master node (clusterware layer) - ocfs2 - failover

From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:26:02 +0700

jeremy & cheng,

yup that behavior is expected, after I read oracle presentation about rac internal.
btw how if we suddenly shutdown node1 by take the server's power switch off ??

how it works?
how long node2 will make itself as master node (clusteware layer)?? as far as I know, the disktimeout is 200s and network heartbeat timeout around 60s...

regards
ujang

On Jan 19, 2008 2:18 AM, LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> its expected behaviour, when the cluster is divided into sub clusters with
> same number of nodes, i.e one node per sub cluster in a two node cluster
> configuration, the lower node always survives
>
> thanks
>
> --
> LSC
>

> On Jan 17, 2008 1:41 PM, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > all,
> >
> > I have a RAC environment which consists of 2 nodes (linux x86_64),
> 10.2.0.3
> >
> > voting disk & OCR are on raw devices.
> > but all datafiles are on OCFS2
> >
> > we have scenario for UAT which pulled up the cable (public & private)
> > from one node.
> > - when node2 cable was pulled up, the expected behavior coming, which
> > is node2 restart, node1 stayed running.
> > - when node1 cable was pulled up, the node2 restart and node1 stayed
> > running, we expect that the node1 should restart and node2 stayed
> > running.
> >
> > it seem that node1 become a master node (clusterware layer).
> >
> > is this expected behavior or is there another configuration missed?
> >

> > --
> > regards
> > ujang
> >
> > --

regards
ujang

"I believe that exchange rate volatility is a major threat to
prosperity in the world today"
Dr. Robert A. Mundell, Nobel Laureate 1999