RE: rman online backup with exclude undo tablespace

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:58:50 -0500

From: Prasad [mailto:p4cldba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:09 PM
To: Mark W. Farnham
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: rman online backup with exclude undo tablespace

we are trying to build a test system and we took the rman online backup using exclude undo tablespace as the undo tablespace is very big (16G) and transferring between production and test network is very slow .

I am trying to force start the db so that I can do a expdp and recreate the db however I am facing difficulty while setting the
_corrupted_rollback_segments

Is there a limitation on the length for setting the
_CORRUPTED_ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS
<snip>

There was last time I checked, which is indeed an interesting problem for dealing with automatic undo in the case where one must actually resort to
_corrupted_rollback_segments, since the list can get very long.

But aside from that, what you are attempting to do seems quite unwise to me. Is a network the only available means to get data from the production system to the test system? Even if you succeed with getting your test database to a place where you can export the contents, I would regard the relational integrity of the results as suspect and not worthy against which to run tests.

Regards,

mwf