master node (clusterware layer) - ocfs2 - failover

From: Ujang Jaenudin <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:41:09 +0700

I have a RAC environment which consists of 2 nodes (linux x86_64),

voting disk & OCR are on raw devices.
but all datafiles are on OCFS2

we have scenario for UAT which pulled up the cable (public & private) from one node.
- when node2 cable was pulled up, the expected behavior coming, which
is node2 restart, node1 stayed running.
- when node1 cable was pulled up, the node2 restart and node1 stayed
running, we expect that the node1 should restart and node2 stayed running.

it seem that node1 become a master node (clusterware layer).

is this expected behavior or is there another configuration missed?