RE: df shows 100% on a empty filesystem-

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:34:45 -0500

I have seen this happen frequently on various nix's more commonly with dropped tablespace data files, as long as a process that is still running had accessed the file. I used lsof to find the process that was accessing the files, then ps to determine which app, then if it was an oracle process, either had the user exit their session or killed it. Occasionally it was smon/pmon and we had to wait or bounce the instance.

Ken