Re: All RAC Nodes reboot without log-entry

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:48:40 -0800 (PST)

In my past days when I was much more mischevious than I am now (or maybe not :), I once set a cron job to reboot a system once a day. It was on a SGI system sitting on a desk in a classroom at Silicon Graphics' training facility, so I didn't do it to your system, but it might be worth changing all the passwords just for good measure. You might also check the "dmesg" output to see if there's something being reported in there that didn't make it into the logfiles. I haven't ever seen Clusterware reboot a node without logging a message about it *somewhere* (one of the places you said you looked), so my theory is that this isn't caused by Oracle software. Therefore, I'd investigate something in hardware or OS. Odd that they both reboot--that's not a common Clusterware method to resolve anything either. I presume that Oracle Clusterware is the only cluster manager. if you also have VCS or SunCluster, obviously you need to check on their logs as well. Dan ----- Original Message ---- From: "bkaltofen@gmx.de" <bkaltofen@gmx.de> To: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:01:53 AM Subject: All RAC Nodes reboot without log-entry Hello, I'm facing the problem, that all my RAC nodes (2 Node Cluster 10.2.0.3 on Solaris 10, Oracle CRS + ASM) reboot at the same time without any log entries in /var/etc/messages, /var/log/syslog and all log files under $ORACLE_CRS_HOME/log/... The cluster is a fresh installation. Any suggestions? Where can I look further? Kind regards, Björn -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l