Re: Scheduler Jobs

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:23:47 -0500

You can extract DDL for both scheduler jobs and old DBMS_JOB jobs with data pump.

SQL> create directory tmpdir as '/tmp';
# expdp \"/ as sysdba\" directory=tmpdir dumpfile=jsjobs.dmpcontent=metadata_only full=y include=JOB # impdp \"/ as sysdba\" directory=tmpdir dumpfile=jsjobs.dmp sqlfile= itcjobs.sql
# vi /tmp/jsjobs.sql

FYI, this will not give you system jobs (PURGE_LOG, GATHER_STATS_JOB, AUTO_SPACE_ADVISOR_JOB, etc) - to get those the best suggestion I've found is to use "Create Like" in OEM and then copy the DDL. There was also a suggestion someone made about using the undocumented package DBMS_SCHED_JOB_EXPORT - this looks like it'll work too but I haven't tried it yet personally. My guess is that this package is the guts of Data Pump anyway.
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1751703

-Jeremy

On 1/15/08, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> That may be the only way you have to do it. Generate the ddl from the
> dba_scheduler_jobs table. It has everything you need, you just have to
> generate it.
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 10:11 PM, Sanjay Mishra < smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Andrew
> >
> > I had upgraded the Database from 8i to 10g and converted 30 dbmsJobs to
> > Scheduler running at various interval. The test database was created few
> > month back and lost the drive where I stored all scheduler scripts. Now in
> > order to move to Production, I want to remove the dbms Job to 10g schedulere
> > and so want to create the DDL. It is difficult to go with DBa_scheduler_jobs
> > and then create the jobs based on different schedule.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sanjay

Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL