RE: Advantage of ThirdParty Cluster over Oracle Supplied Free one

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:46:58 -0500

Oddly enough, these reasons *do* work in multi-million dollar organizations. It is indeed a valid objective consideration to say, "Hey, let's go with what we know". The cost of implementing a technology or solution is more than a feature by feature comparison - cost, familiarity, industry acceptance, ROI, all factor into a good decision for a particular technology.

Matt