Re: RMAN Compression experiences

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:04:22 -0600

Thats interesting. That suggests to me that on a restore, RMAN is decompressing the data on disk then writing to the destination (which would take two write operations), but during a backup they are compressing it in memory then writing to the destination (one write operation). Or do I misunderstand the implications?

--
Andrew W. Kerber