Re: remote DBA job - pros and cons.

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:15:44 -0800

Frankly, that doesn't even sound like a legal arrangement.

As you would be paid hourly, and as an employee (W2) I believe that federal law required benefits provided for anything over 30 hrs per week.

Plus that fact that $33 per hour is extremely low for a DBA.

You can't even get SQL server DBA's for that. ;)

On Jan 14, 2008 3:34 PM, Prasad <> wrote:

> All,
> recently I am being offered a remote support DBA job and the hiring
> company is asking me to quit my current regular position and work with them
> for 33$/hr on W-2 with no benefits. Well I am in no position to accept this
> . but still would like to know if this is how it works.
> Thanks .
> -Prasad

Jared Still