RE: URGENT 8.1.7 recovery question

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:35:09 +0800

Thomas,

Yes , you are right. Per the syntax, the incomplete recovery can be done even with the current controlfile. My incomplete recoveries have always been with backup controlfiles.

Hemant K Chitale

At 10:55 PM Tuesday, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:
>Hemant,
>
>Just a question about your response.
>
>If he has his current control files, he can recover to any point in time
>without using backup control files, right? As long as he has all of his
>archivelog files, he can spin his database in any direction to any point
>in time.
>
>If he has lost his control files, then his options are different - he
>has to recover them first.
>
>Just clarifiying for my own mind.
>
>Tom

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html