Re: remote DBA job - pros and cons.

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:00:34 -0800 (PST)

No, that's not how it should work, I don't care where you live. If you're a contractor, then it's okay to provide no benefits, but if you're on a W-2, then I think it's fair to expect some benefit of being a full-time employee (and barred from seeking other work, I presume).

I'd love to play a game of "guess what company made you the offer", but that would probably get negative very quickly and might get mean. Regardless, I've already privately assembled a list likely possibilities, just for my own enjoyment :).

I don't know too many people that would be in a position to accept a job with the parameters you stated.

  • Original Message ---- From: Prasad <> To: oracle-l <> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 5:34:08 PM Subject: remote DBA job - pros and cons.

recently I am being offered a remote support DBA job and the hiring company is asking me to quit my current regular position and work with them for 33$/hr on W-2 with no benefits. Well I am in no position to accept this . but still would like to know if this is how it works.

Thanks .