Re: How to setup LDAP

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:43:06 -0800 (PST)

The product you're referring to is Oracle Virtual Directory that was a part of the OctetString purchase completed on 16-NOV-2005. More information at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/id_mgmt/ovds/index.html. I believe that the current release was released in the middle of 2006 sometime. OctetString has been around for quite a while, though, so I wouldn't consider it v1.0 software. Basically, it allows you to avoid having to "copy" or "provision" entries in OID directly and instead just adds a "virtual" LDAP layer on top of OID and your other corporate LDAP server so that the two appear to be a single LDAP server (just under different branches of the DIT). I think it also does some caching, though I think you can control that functionality pretty well.

I believe it was just recently (in the last couple of months) certified for use with Enterprise User Security (EUS) which is what the OP was talking about (I think).

Dan

  • Original Message ---- From: "rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com" <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com> To: roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com; Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 5:53:18 PM Subject: Re: How to setup LDAP

Romas
I believe that may not be true. Oracle has recently acquired a and  announced a proxy server that can interface with any and if I remember  right multiple directory sources.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 14 2008 - 08:43:06 CST

Original text of this message