Re: How to setup LDAP

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:43:12 -0600 (CST)

Did this change? I thought that OID was "free" for database *naming*, i.e. TNSNAMES.ORA replacement, but database *authentication* was when the Advanced Security license kicked in.

I have written up a somewhat lengthy document on how to do a full manual install of OID 10gR2 on AIX 5.3 (Linux and other Unix should be similar), including screenshots, MetaLink references, and important hard-to-find information like "where to find the &##$!@% software". It's in a wiki format, if anyone would care to publicly and freely host it (Dokuwiki, but should easily convert to most other formats).