Re: Merge datafile to Another DATABASE

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:34:57 +0000

Just to set the record straight and to avoid wild speculation :

  1. I'm Belgian ...

>Besides Kurt, Oracle Consulting will charge you
>a minimum of several tens of thousands of dollars to even think about using
>their Oracle internal-only DUL tool on your system.

2. This sounds confusing - so I thought I would reveal some numbers here. Oracle DUL might be expensive in some countries. DUDE is not at all expensive - in fact most cases range between 900 to 1350 euros ... I think the day price of many consultants is higher then that ! To give you another example - we once unloaded a 2TB warehouse for a fixed price ... and it was less then half of ten thousand dollar. So I wouldn't say all direct unloading is pricey...

cheers,
Kurt