Re: explain plan, can you explain this?

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:31:12 -0800 (PST)

Agreed, and I feel a little better that I didn't miss an "easy" one :).

Since you opened the thread once more, I should add that I received a very good link off-list from a fellow named Stano Vnuk. This is an article that hits the nail on the head and also adds one or two more points that weren't discussed so far. Thanks, Stano!

  • Original Message ---- From: Alberto Dell'Era <> To: Dan Norris <> Cc: Oracle L <> Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 1:24:41 PM Subject: Re: explain plan, can you explain this?

Dan, it's not that easy to understand what it's going on in this case - I simply had already investigated a similar issue some time ago, hence my mind was ready and receptive ;) - and I made good use of the very good and complete information you provided.

It's not a trivial problem by the way - the specifications are simple, but designing a good solution is not. And those are exactly the  characteristics
of the kind of problems I find interesting :).