Re: rac network question

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:35:14 -0800 (PST)

Ahem, "a lot" better be zero as I'm quite certain that Oracle specifically does not support the use of crossover cables in any cluster configuration. I remember because I learned that the hard way (and returned fire with "how about you document that a wee little bit please"). Anyway, I think the answer to Michael's question is yes, they should be physically separate. Even if it will work, it will be "suboptimal" as pointed out by Matt earlier.

If it's critical, don't do it. If it's dev, you'll probably survive (except for the fact that your dev and production systems will not have this in common and therefore may have slightly different behavior).

Dan