RE: explain plan, can you explain this?

From: Yasin Baskan <yasin.baskan_at_yapikredi.com.tr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:28:46 +0200

File stats are also reported as delta.

sum(e.phyrds - nvl(b.phyrds, 0)))) atpr,

from dba_hist_filestatxs e,

           dba_hist_filestatxs b

     where b.snap_id(+) = :bid

   and e.snap_id = :eid

I think it would defeat all the purpose of snapshots if it were cumulative.

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 3:24 PM
To: Yasin Baskan
Cc: john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com; dannorris_at_dannorris.com; Oracle L Subject: Re: explain plan, can you explain this?

Thats from dba_hist_sqlstat. Try dba_hist_filestatxs

On Jan 11, 2008 3:04 AM, Yasin Baskan <yasin.baskan_at_yapikredi.com.tr> wrote:

Andrew, AWR reports delta values, not cumulative statistics.

It reports the delta values from the columns of dba_hist_sqlstat like buffer_gets_delta.

Here is a part of an sql run by a 10.2 awrrpt.sql

sum(disk_reads_delta) dskr, sum(executions_delta) exec,

                      sum(cpu_time_delta) cput, sum(elapsed_time_delta)
elap

from dba_hist_sqlstat

                  where dbid

      = :dbid

                    and instance_number = :inst_num

          and :bid            < snap_id

                    and snap_id

   <= :eid

               group by sql_id)

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:57 PM To: john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com
Cc: Yasin Baskan; dannorris_at_dannorris.com; Oracle L Subject: Re: explain plan, can you explain this?

And then, you have to do it again for AWR. AWR does report cumulative statistics.

On Jan 10, 2008 11:36 AM, John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com > wrote:

> John, are you sure that statspack reports sql statistics cumulatively?

Yasin and Allen,

You are right: My bad. STATSPACK indeed does report the differences. This myth of mine was self-created, probably from early days of STATSPACK. Thank you for setting me right. This reminds me once more to re-validate everything I know.

Regards,

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc