Re: how many listeners to run?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:46:58 -0600 (CST)

Hey Li,

You may want to check out Metalink 67983.1, specifically for the QUEUESIZE parameter for the listener.ora file.

A few scripts to use regular old SQL*Plus to throttle a Listener isn't terribly difficult to write in Korn or Bash. At it's simplest, something like:

  • Script 1 ("sqlconn.sh"): sqlplus joedba/mypass_at_test /nolog
  • Script 2 ("hammer_listener.sh"): i=-1 while [ $(( i += 1 )) -lt 1000 ] do nohup ./sqlconn.sh & done

This is completely untested, of course. While not very robust, I hope it's self-explanatory!

HTH! GL! Rich