RE: how many listeners to run?

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:42:27 -0700

I would not recommend that since that could end up in a maintenance nightmare in large production environments. I tend to prefer 2-3 listeners per node of the RAC cluster as a failsafe, segregation of duties, and for ease of maintenance and use the services framework to direct or allow/disallow connections to a given instance of a database.

Regards,

-Krish

Krish Hariharan

President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb> http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb