Re: Index clustering factor

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:10:07 -0000

The optimizer cannot ignore the index hint for that query. Therefore the hint is illegal.

The first thing to check is whether you have a column coercion issue. What are the types of the columns and of the input variables - and what does OEM tell you about the run-time predicates ?

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

  • Original Message ----- From: "Orysia Husak" <> Subject: RE: Index clustering factor

The statement is expected to fetch only 1 or 2 rows. The default Oracle gather_stats generates a histogram size auto.

We've provided an index hint in the SQL and Oracle sill ignores the index.