Re: vpd

From: Tim Gorman <>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:56:27 -0700

You don't need VPD for that -- just create a view...

        create or replace view tbl_res_contact_v
        select   name, dob, decode(status,'',story,'') story, address
        from    tbl_res_contact;

Then, use permissions to prevent people from querying the table and leave only the view available.

Hope this helps...

Sanjay Mishra wrote:
can somebody help in VPD setup. I had a table with 5 column and I want to hide 2 column based on one Column named status. Here is structure
  name varchar,
 dob date,
 status char(1),
 story varchar2(30),
 address varchar2(30)
I want to hide the data for story from all user when status is other than NULL.