Re: Merge command

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:28:33 -0800

I would offer a slightly different approach: Create an external table from the flat file and then use the merge command directly against it. Saves you from needing a internal staging table.

Merge is more efficient if there are few updates, vs few inserts. Other than that I haven't run across any issues per se.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org