RE: System statistics and dbfmbrc - heads up

From: Smith, Steven K - MSHA <Smith.Steven_at_DOL.GOV>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:03:39 -0700

Actually, this occurred in

We use date converted to Julian as the statid and had to append a character to it after the upgrade.

[] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:47 AM To:
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: System statistics and dbfmbrc - heads up

On Jan 8, 2008 1:17 PM, Connor McDonald <> wrote:

Hi Niall,

Our appproach here is

b) we collect system stats each day during a 1hr "peak" period. (Stress "collect" not "activate")

Just a heads up to everyone going down this route. DBMS_STATS has been updated in 11.1 (and according to the docs in 10.2) so that the STATID has to be a valid 'identifier', that precludes both date and number strings, or else enclosed in double quotes. I personally think this a shame since it seems to me that either dates or id numbers would make excellent STATID values.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA