[Fwd: PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 Upgrade Questions]

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:14:36 -0500

I posted similar question couple days ago. But l'd like to post it one more time on behave of our peoplesoft admin. thanks a lot,
Joan

  • Original Message -------- Subject: PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 Upgrade Questions Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:57:39 -0500 From: David Nisco <david.nisco_at_tufts.edu> Organization: Tufts University To: HEUG <fin.ps_at_list.heug.org> CC: Fintech <Fintech_at_Tufts.Edu>, DBAs <dba_team_at_tufts.edu>, adminsys AIX <adminsys_at_tufts.edu>

At Tufts University, we are preparing to upgrade our PeopleSoft Financials application from version 8.4 SP1 to version 9.0. We are considering swapping from Weblogic to Oracle Application Server to allow us to be better positioned to take advantage of the Fusion technology as it becomes meaningful to our business needs. We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has any insights that you may want to share with us regarding the decision of using OAS versus Weblogic for the new environment.

Our current environment configuration is as follows:

  • AIX 5.3
  • Financials 8.4 SP1
  • PeopleTools 8.47.15,
  • Weblogic 8.1
  • Oracle Database 10g 10.2.0.3.0.

Our planned future configuration following the upgrade will be as follows:

  • AIX 5.3
  • Financials 9.0
  • PeopleTools 8.49
  • Oracle Database 10g 10.2.0.3.0.
  • Weblogic 9.2 or OAS Release 3 (10.1.3.1.)

Thanks in advance for your feedback concerning this matter.

Regards,

David Nisco
PeopleSoft Administrator
Tufts University