RE: System statistics and dbfmbrc - heads up

From: Connor McDonald <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:06:00 +0900

Yup...We're and we had to change the hyphen in our statid's (<prefix>-yyyymmddhh24miss) to underscores...

From: Niall Litchfield [] Subject: Re: System statistics and dbfmbrc - heads up

On Jan 8, 2008 1:17 PM, Connor McDonald <> wrote:

Hi Niall,

Just a heads up to everyone going down this route. DBMS_STATS has been updated in 11.1 (and according to the docs in 10.2) so that the STATID has to be a valid 'identifier', that precludes both date and number strings, or else enclosed in double quotes. I personally think this a shame since it seems to me that either dates or id numbers would make excellent STATID values.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA