Re: System statistics and dbfmbrc - heads up

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:47:05 +0000

On Jan 8, 2008 1:17 PM, Connor McDonald <> wrote:

> Hi Niall,
> Our appproach here is
> b) we collect system stats each day during a 1hr "peak" period. (Stress
> "collect" not "activate")

Just a heads up to everyone going down this route. DBMS_STATS has been updated in 11.1 (and according to the docs in 10.2) so that the STATID has to be a valid 'identifier', that precludes both date and number strings, or else enclosed in double quotes. I personally think this a shame since it seems to me that either dates or id numbers would make excellent STATID values.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA