Re: PL/SQL production of HTML from any simple wiki markup

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:25:49 -0800 (PST)

Nigel,

  I am reminded of my friend Jonathan Wallace and the Designer Development Kit he created. It was renamed an released on OTN at some point a few years ago.

  It was a template system for Designer that supported basic constructs for repetition,etc., so that you could create and generate any kind of markup you desired with substitutions from the Designer repository or from just plain old sql.

  The idea was that you could use your designer metdata to generate java, perl, pl/sql, wiki syntax, etc..

  If that sounds appealing, let me know, and I'll track it down for you.

  Job

Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

          A little OT, but does anyone have a PL/SQL fragment for generating HTML from (any) simple wiki markup? I'm using Designer, generating HTML reports from the ER model and a few associated element types (business units, domains etc), and want to get a bit more mileage out of the narrative elements (eg comments, descriptions and notes). Wishlist includes bold, italic, underline, bullet and maybe numbered bullet. I can live without wiki tables, headings etc.

  Ideally the wiki markup itself would be intuitively readable in clear (eg using _text_ to represent underlining) for anyone using the Designer UI itself. But I'll take anything that works to save me the time of reinventing it for myself.

  Thanks in advance

  Regards Nigel

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 13:25:49 CST

Original text of this message