Re: Partitioned Table Slower - Where's Tim Gorman when you need him?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:48:12 -0700

Brian,

At first blush, looking at the two TKPROF excerpts, I would speculate that the index ASN_PART_ORG_IX has somehow been defined as a global index, not as a local index, although you state that it is both local and prefixed. At any rate, from the TKPROF output, we can see that index range scan has pruned to the single index partition, but could you post the DDL for the indexes, both for ASN_ORG_IX as well as ASN_PART_ORG_IX? In general, knowing definitions is useless without also knowing utilization, so could you post the SQL used in both cases, including any hints used to generate these test cases? Ideally, we should see all sections of the TKPROF output, but I'm guessing you edited for brevity and clarity. If they are huge, then just the FROM and WHERE clauses might be sufficient, I guess...

Thanks!

-Tim