Transport Tablespace changes in 10g

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:27:53 -0500

My team lead said that he read that transport will allow you to take a tablespace with a partitioned table and transport?

Is this so? And what about any index that may point to that partition? I would think it would have to go unless you drop the index.

We have a large Transport project that we do and we exchange partitions to turn it into a flat table and transport that way which works well.

Is there a good write up on the changes some place?

Thanks.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va. 23227
Tel: 804.261.9446 Net: 643.9446
BlackBerry: 804.517.7443
michael.kline_at_suntrust.com <mailto:michael.kline_at_suntrust.com>

Seeing beyond Money(sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. [ST:XCL]