Re: Oracle recommends rebuilding IOTs in AQ to reduce redo

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:29:05 -0800

The coalesce would be a better option IMO (I've personally used this as a recommendation from the AQ dev team) and it can be done while the workload is in progress, while a rebuild requires the queues to be stopped.

Another recommendation I received is *not* to use ASSM tablespaces for the queues.

What db version is this?
What is the queue navigation type (first or next message)? Are you doing single row or array enqueues/dequeues?

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org