RE: how to figure out how much redo sql statements are generating?

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:40:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I usually use the following query to monitor the amount of redo generation:

select s.username, s.sid, t.addr, t.status, t.used_ublk, t.used_urec, decode(bitand(t.flag,128),0,'NO','YES') rolling_back from v$session s, v$transaction t where s.taddr=t.addr;

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com

David Kurtz <info_at_go-faster.co.uk> wrote: Statspack (or AWR) will give you an idea of when the database is producing the redo, and that can be enough for you to work out what is generating the redo.

Then if you need to collect details for specific sessions, you could collect details from v$sesstat for individual sessions. If you can't add your own code to whatever you suspect is generting the redo you could perhaps using triggers that fire after LOGON and before LOGOFF for specific programs, and if you need more granularity before and after DML on specific tables - but could end up collecting a lot of data that you will then work on. Th

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660