Re: how to figure out how much redo sql statements are generating?

From: Tim Gorman <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:06:27 -0700

I look at the statistic "redo size" for the session, which is the
amount of redo generated in bytes.  This can be found at the
instance-level in V$SYSSTAT, at the session-level in V$SESSSTAT, and
for the present session in V$MYSTAT.  For at least the latter two
views, the information won't be visible until a COMMIT occurs, and I
would bet the same with V$SYSSTAT as well...

Hope this helps....

Andrew Kerber wrote:
If you know which tables are affected by which parts of the application, dba_tab_modifcations can give insert/update/delete activity on the tables.  I believe monitoring has to be turned on for that though (its on by default).

On Dec 31, 2007 12:58 PM, <> wrote:
We are generating alot of redo. We have sql loader data loads and dml on the database. I am trying to track which parts of the application are probably generating the most redo. Is there a way to do this?

Andrew W. Kerber