Re: alter table split partition optimized in oracle 9i?

From: jaromir nemec <jaromir_at_db-nemec.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:27:22 +0100

Hi Gene,

> I have also been running this kind of a split when an existing partition
> is
> split in two and one (or even both) partition
> is empty and this command does not seem to run too quickly (I am using
> oracle 10.2.0.1)

Is the partition empty and the HWM reset? There will be in some cases a serial scan of the partition with rownum < 2 - simply to verify the partition is really empty. You may check this quickly using 10046 trace on level 8. This can give a clue where the problem is also in other cases (reorg or allocation task maybe)

Regards,

Jaromir