Re: RMAN backup optimization

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:35:54 -0500

Hello Suresh

Maybe you should try some of the following and see if it helps :

  1. Suggested workarounds for Bug 6476935<https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Bug&id=6476935> (metalink node *463227.1)*
  2. Taking backups without compression (If disk space is not an issue).
  3. Review database performance report during the times when performance is a bottleneck.
  4. Verify that there are enough file descriptors /max file limit at the O.S level.

-Rajeev