Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> creating listener by NETCA throws error "a listener with the name already exists" but there is no existing listener.ora

creating listener by NETCA throws error "a listener with the name already exists" but there is no existing listener.ora

From: qihua wu <staywithpin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:45:05 +0800

Hi, all,

Happy new year:)

I created an oracle 10g rac, and when startup NETCA manually and try to create the default listener whose name is "LISTENER", it complaints that that listener already exists. But the strange thing is that there is no file named listener.ora under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin, and TNS_ADMIN is not set. When run the command crs_stat, I can see the listener listed. My problem is where oracle looks for the definition of the listener apart from listener.ora

Thanks,
Qihua