Re: selects on the data dictionary hang

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:48:00 -0600

Hi All. Thanks for the input. I forgot to mention we had already opened an sr with oracle and sent them hang traces. Here is the answer back from oracle. I will post further if this fails to resolve the issue.

Bug 5907779 - DDR info BugDesc 5907779
Abstract: Self deadlock hang on "cursor: pin S wait on X" (typically from DBMS_STATS)
Fixed-Releases: A204
Details:
This problem is introduced in 10.2.0.3
@ by a missed line of code for the backport of bug 4702993 . A process may hang with a self deadlock typically when executing DBMS_STATS. The hung process shows itself waiting on a "cursor: pin S wait on X" waitevent waiting for an object that it has pinned itself.

--
Andrew W. Kerber