Does NLS_LANG matter when using expdp/impdp

From: qihua wu <staywithpin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:11:35 +0800

Hi, all,

When using the old import/export tools imp/exp, the NLS_LANG at the client must be set and should be set correctly to make them work. But after I search the doc about expdp/impdp, nowhere mentioned that NLS_LANG must be set and how to set. And the log created when I run impdp/expdp also didn't tell any information about charset and possible charset convertion. So I am wondering whether NLS_LANG is nothing when using impdp/expdp

Thanks,
Qihua