DBCA Negative Free Space

From: Joe Frohne <joe_at_frohne.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:33:14 -0600

Hi,

I have checked Metalink and Oracle-L archives and come up with nothing.

I am installing Oracle 10.2.0.3 on a system (RedHat) that has multiple terabyte (2+) storage LUNS and Oracle is reporting as negative free space, something like -2398573495730457 free space. Ignoring this creates the instance fine.

So two questions:

  1. Should DBCA be reporting the space correct?
  2. Is there a hidden problem with ignoring this? (can it bite me later, type of thing)

Regards,

Joe Frohne