Re: exp / imp of (data pump) oralce apps 11.5.10.2

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:08:46 -0800

On 12/13/07, raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anybody worked on this for a reorg of the entire apps database.
>
> Any quick helps are greatly appreciated.

As was already stated, there is a specific, lengthy and complicated ML note about this very topic.

While there are valid reasons for reorganizing some tables, (such as to improve the clustering factor for an oft used query), those require reloading the table in a specific order.

Re-orging an entire database is what I call 'make work'.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Longest Yard" ?. (the old one from the 1970's)

The prison inmates have to go shovel muck out of a swamp all morning. After lunch, they shovel it all back in.

That's very similar to re-orging a database. SAP administrators are big on this. I've noticed that many SAP admins are not very knowledgeable about databases.

Doing this on a eBiz database is especially tedious. It is not a simple exp/imp. I would have provided the ML Note #, but I can't seem to find it now.

Is there some reason you feel you need to do this task?

Sometimes when managers that don't have much of a technical background start reading technical articles, they like to make start exercising their newfound
"knowledge". :)

--
Jared Still