RE: how to trace OCIStmtExecute failed ORA-00028: your session has been killed

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:11:40 -0700

Didn't solve the mystery but eliminated a couple of paths since I was curious about the error. If you have resource limit set and profile with idle time, or your server process was killed, you get a different error than the ORA-28. It then appears that only a kill session tends to yield this error.

I am curious, however, about the timing of the message and the error stack. These errors are not reported until the client tries to act again. Would that still maintain information about the circumstances that caused the disconnect?

-Krish

Not sure if you had already checked the sql area and su log

SQL> select sql_text from v$sqlarea where sql_text like 'alter system%' ;

SQL_TEXT

alter system kill session '28,29909'

alter system set resource_limit = true

IDLE Time

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'DD-MON-YYYY:HH24:MI:SS') cdate from dual ;

select to_char(sysdate, 'DD-MON-YYYY:HH24:MI:SS') cdate from dual

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02396: exceeded maximum idle time, please connect again

Kill Session

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'DD-MON-YYYY:HH24:MI:SS') cdate from dual ;

select to_char(sysdate, 'DD-MON-YYYY:HH24:MI:SS') cdate from dual

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00028: your session has been killed

Server process killed

SQL> select sysdate from dual ;

select sysdate from dual

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel