Re: separate owner/ORACLE_HOME for crs, ASM, and database in RAC environment

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:22:59 -0600

Hi Pete,

Start dbca as oracle showed ASM works fine, but start dbca as oraclex (in a different oracle home) cannot see the ASM instance.

like I said, the reason to have separate owner is to separate the responsibilities, and I think this is oracle's direction too, as in 11g, there's a new privilege "sysasm".